National Geographic writer and photographer Tom Clynes has spent two decades reporting at the vanguard of environmental science and action. In his authentic and immersive keynote presentations, the award-winning environmental journalist brings audiences along on assignment to some of the Earth’s most intriguing and endangered places.
“Tom’s visually stunning presentation coupled with his empowering message left our most important constituents feeling enormously proud, and part of something important.”
These talks go far beyond the ordinary. Tom has trekked into the central African jungle with eco-mercenaries and virus hunters, filed dispatches from the most biodiverse point on the planet, and ventured into the “hot zone” with Ebola doctors. Via words and dramatic images, Tom introduces audiences to environmental heroes such as the explorer whose Congo Basin expedition led to Africa’s biggest conservation victory in decades…the “elephant whisperer” who rescued the animals in the Baghdad Zoo…and the climatologist who unlocked the mysteries of the Greenland ice cap.
“A week later and everyone’s still talking about it! The way you brought it back around to leadership and applied these world-changing endeavors to our core mission was particularly useful. It really opened our people’s minds to what is possible.”
The pioneering scientists and conservationists who populate these talks transformed once-ordinary lives into world-changing adventures. But one doesn’t have to hike 1,200 miles through a jungle to make a difference. Amid the thrill of these astonishing stories there are lessons to be learned—about leadership, collaboration, tenacity, and (especially) audacity. Tom’s presentations provide an inspirational and practical framework for sparking our own dreams into action, and creating lasting impact within our spheres of influence.
“Tom wowed our guests and pulled us in with his dramatic visuals, his energetic delivery, and his challenge to think big and do good.”
Based on your organization’s goals for the event, Tom will customize an adventurous program that will…
- Create a memorable experience: When you book Tom Clynes, you’re on your way toward presenting a unique event that will be valuable to your guests—one that will stay with them for years to come.
- Inspire and motivate: Inspire your audience to be catalysts of growth and change, and supercharge your meeting with an anything-is-possible spirit that can generate extraordinary results.
- Entertain and educate: Beyond the “wow factor” of these stories and photos is a unique and relevant experience that provides depth, context, and insight.
- Stimulate engagement: Leave your most important constituents feeling empowered, proud, and part of something important.
- Catalyze creativity: Let Tom Clynes give your audience something substantial to talk about—and move them forward with an enduring sense of expanded possibilities.
More about environmental speaker Tom Clynes: As an author and photojournalist, Tom Clynes travels the world covering the adventurous side of science, conservation and the environment for publications such as National Geographic, Nature, The New York Times and Popular Science, where he is a contributing editor. His work has also appeared in The Atlantic, Conservation Magazine, Newsweek, Scientific American, The Sunday Times Magazine (London) and many other publications. Tom is the author of the books Wild Planet and The Boy Who Played With Fusion, and his magazine stories often appear in Houghton-Mifflin’s “Best American…” series of magazine-writing anthologies.
For more information about keynote presentations or Tom’s work, contact him using the form on this page or via email at info[at]tomclynes.com.